Sunday, November 19, 2006

Game on

Next week's game against unbeaten San Diego will go ahead as planned. The Toreros were left out of the 16-team field for the NCAA Division I Football championship. The fixtures for the first round of the tournament can be found after the jump. Aggie fans will probably see some familiar names.

Coastal Carolina (9-2) at No. 1 Appalachian State (10-1)

Furman (8-3) at Montana State (7-4)

James Madison (9-2) at No. 4 Youngstown State (9-2)

Illinois State (8-3) at Eastern Illinois (8-4)


Lafayette (6-5) at No. 3 Massachusetts (10-1)

New Hampshire (8-3) at Hampton (10-1)

McNeese State (7-4) at No. 2 Montana (10-1)

Tennesee-Martin (9-2) at Southern Illinois

Highlight of the selection show on ESPNews: Watching the anchors trip all over themselves trying to get I-AA's new name right. I'm still not clear on the nomenclature, but I'll work on it. I live to serve. By my untrained eye, I'd say that Portland State (7-4), and not unbeaten San Diego, was the 17th team.

No comments: