Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Countdown to tipoff

BAKERSFIELD -- UC Davis' final pre-conference game will take place in the delightful Rabobank Arena, which reminds me of the Fargodome in spirit. Radio guy extraordinaire Scott Marsh, seated to my right, said this place is a dead ringer for Stockton Arena, a building I haven't set foot in. So as Bakersfield agitates for a spot in the Big West, this building may be a reasonable selling point. It's a multi-use sort of place, and we have to clear out pretty quickly because they have to get this place ready for Bakersfield Condors hockey. Given the date, a large crowd in this 10,000-seat arena isn't likely.

Here are some updates:

--Jesse Lopez Low isn't here for UCD, but is expected to play against Riverside.

--Cal State Bakersfield's top inside player, Santwon Latunde, is out for the rest of the season after separating his shoulder in practice. That means there probably won't be a heavy emphasis on post play tonight, which may suit the Aggies just fine.

--I will be seated between UCD radio and local television at courtside tonight, so I'm a little sorry I don't travel with asprin. I will be halftime guest on radio tonight.

No comments: