Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Reversal of roles

On Monday, Enterprise sports writer Chris Saur and photographer Greg Rihl switched roles for the Davis High School baseball game against Valley. Chris gave his best shot with a lens and Greg was a scribe for a day.

The Enterprise picked five people as judges, but if you'd like to weigh in on who did the better job, comment below:

And the winner is: Rihl by a 3-2 count. The voters had a tough time deciding but chose the photographer-turned-scribe for finding some interesting points in an otherwise dull 20-1 blowout. As of Thursday evening, Rihl was planning to revel in his victory for weeks to come.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the Reversal of Roles article/pictures in Tuesday's Davis Enterprise. I thought that Greg Rihl did a fine job of reporting the details of the baseball game. However, I have to cast my 'vote' for Chris Saur because he published a picture that had our son Robbie sliding into 2nd base!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the "Reversal of Roles" article in the Tuesday's (April 8) edition of the Davis Enterprise. I thought that Greg Rihl did a fine job of reporting the highlights of the baseball game. My vote for who did a better job with their new role however has to go to Chris Saur as he took a picture of our son Robbie sliding into 2nd base!

Anonymous said...

I admit I was expecting this to be a no-brainer. The photos would have to be better than the writing - she said in a totally biased way - because snapping photos just isn't as difficult as writing an engaging story.

However, Greg impressed me big time! Chris' photos were good, but seriously, Greg! Great job with the pen! Tanya Perez