Monday, July 14, 2008

Signing off

This blog has been quiet for a while, which is just sort how it goes in the summer. But when things to start to heat up in a couple of weeks there will be different voices bringing it to you both here and in the print edition. Today is my last day as deputy sports editor of The Davis Enterprise. I am off to Madison, Wis. as my wife begins medical school and I weigh my options. I'm going to miss the paper, Davis and this blog, but I also know that it's time for something new.

The program has changed so much in the past five years and it's been a challenge and a joy to tell you all about it. I've made a lot of friends, and I think I'll enjoy the chance to be a UC Davis fan for a little while. I am handing off UC Davis athletics beat duties to Chris Saur. He and sports editor Matt O'Donnell will handle much of the blogging duties. Newly promoted Conor Tekautz will appear in this space as well.

So thanks for reading and I hope you will continue to. The next five years have a chance to be far more interesting than the last five.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
It has been a pleasure to talk with you at various sporting events. You truly have a grasp for the game and have been able to put it into words for all of us to enjoy. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and I hope you check in from time to time with us irresponsible rumor-mongerers.

-aggie6thman