Saturday, September 15, 2007

So, what exactly would Appalachian State do to Notre Dame?

CHENEY, Wash. -- That's the question that has occupied my mind this pregame. That's a function of not necessarily having much in the way of pregame analysis. This is another relegation six-pointer, and neither team has really necessarily established an identity yet. UCD needs to back up last week's performance for it to mean much going forward. My guess is we'll have a lot more to say about long-term trajectory for both teams when this is done.

A couple of notes: Punter Brett Dickinson made the trip, although we'll see how UCD splits up those duties. Emmanuel Benjamin did a great job kicking into the corners against Portland State and the Aggie coaches are still waiting to feel completely comfortable with Dickinson.

The field appears to be in good shape. Last time the Aggies played here it was basically green mud. Everyone who has been down there has reported that there actually roots in place. So that's good news

There's currently no one here. School's not in session here yet and it sort of shows. There are a bunch of youth football team here in full uniform, which I"m assuming will be the halftime entertainment. I love that.

2 comments:

TW said...

I thought it was a great game! But I am a EWU fan if for no other reason than my relationship with the head coach. By the way the EWU head coach is a Davis High School graduate, I wonder why nobody at the Enterprise ever writes about that?

Michael Mirer said...

Check Page B4 of Sunday's paper.